Optimising Your Sleep With Lee Bougie
In this episode of The Debra Shepherd Podcast, I talk to Lee Bougie about stress and optimising your sleep.
Lee Bougie, MSC RHN (Master Of Science, Registered Holistic Nutritionist) is a researcher, science teacher, speaker, and holistic nutritionist. Lee teaches at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition and runs workshops on various wellness topics.
Lee is a writer for Contentment Magazine, and does media appearances focusing on Sleep, Stress and our Circadian Rhythm. Lee’s biggest passion in life is learning and then teaching others how to live a balanced life. Lee is a Certified Stress Mastery Educator and is a Diplomate of the American Institute of Stress.
Lee builds hotrods with her father, is happiest on the water in her kayak and loves to curl up at home with a book and her cat, Rosie (named after the scientist Rosalind Franklin).
- [3:55] Hormones and the impact stress has on sleep.
- [5:57] The link between our immune system and sleep.
- [9:09] Sleep quality and how many hours of sleep your body needs.
- [11:39] Social jet lag and why having a sleep schedule is important.
- [14:16] How sleep affects creativity and productivity.
- [16:16] How hunger and appetite can be determined by sleep.
- [17:50] Tips to reduce stress and to help us sleep better.
- [24:40] Foods and home remedies that can support sleep.
- [31:45] The impact coffee and alcohol have on sleep.
If you enjoyed this episode, I’d love to hear from you. Take a screenshot of you listening to this episode, add it to your Instagram stories and tag me @_debrashepherd.
SUBSCRIBE AND LEAVE A REVIEW
My goal is to help as many people as possible create more ease, joy and meaning in their life. To reach more people I’d be grateful if you leave a review on Apple Podcasts. Let me know what you enjoy the most and how this podcast inspires and supports you. I read all the reviews and I’d love to hear from you. Be sure to subscribe so you stay up to date when new episodes are released.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Connect with Lee on LinkedIn
Connect with Debra